Wednesday, July 20, 2011

monte carlo

Just based on the title of this post I bet you were getting a little excited, and maybe jealous of me and my upcoming trip to Monte Carlo! However, you'd be wrong. I don't have any immediate plans to start jetsetting beyond Chicago to visit Miles, or back and forth to my classroom. So if I'm not heading there, why is the title of this post Monte Carlo? Because, wait for it, I saw the most amazing movie today called Monte Carlo!

Today is Heather's (one of the second grade teachers) daughter, Claire's, birthday. Heather asked if I'd be a chaperon for pizza, cake, and the watching of this incredible movie. Of course I couldn't turn this down! There were too many girls for Heather to take them all, so I took a group of 4 girls, all heading into 6th grade, to the theater. They all knew me since they go to my school, but I didn't have any of them so they didn't feel weird saying what was on their mind. And what, you may ask, is on the mind of a soon to be 6th grader? Justin Bieber, his new awful haircut (I LOVE Emma Watson's short hair, but they sure look a lot alike now), and his devil of a girlfriend Selena Gomez who is staring in the movie we were heading to.

One of the girls was cracking me up about her thoughts on Justin!
Mary Fran: I used to HATE Justin. And then I went and saw his movie...and it changed me!
Me: Wait, what do you mean it changed you? (Trying to hold back laughter)
Mary Fran: I mean, I love him now! It changed me. I mean, it was just SO deep! That movie was so deep. How can you not love him?
Me: Wait, we are talking about the Justin Bieber movie right? Of like, his concert?
Mary Fran: Yeah! It was deep. It really did change me Ms. Ewing.
Me: Justin Bieber. Deep. What? (At this point I'm laughing but she's laughing too so I don't feel so bad.)

So we get to the theater and there were people actually there, already more than I had thought, and we sat behind this couple that was probably in their 50's or 60's. No, they weren't with children, so I'm not sure what their reason for being there was. The wife was acting all crazy the whole time talking out and asking questions about the movie and locations. She legitimately seemed confused by the plot. My favorite part about going to the movies was the fact that Heather gasped along with the rest of the audience (not including me) not once, but twice!

I think I need to check Netflix to see if Never Say Never is available so I can see if Justin Bieber will change me. However, I have a feeling my thoughts on him won't change. 

3 comments:

  1. hahaha...my favorite part is that the plot of monte carlo is too confusing for an old couple to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, is the movie about car or a sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you also neglected to mention that Leighton Meester is in it, which makes it 100% more awesome.

    ReplyDelete