Friday, July 29, 2011

girl weekend

Pat and Michelle came in town for a girls weekend, one that was long overdue. We went floating on Saturday and it was crazy! I have never seen the river so packed with people before. The craziest part was a themed float that was going on. We saw at least 50, probably more, people all in different groups floating around dressed like they were a bride and groom. One girl was wearing a black and white bikini, top hat with veil, black gloves, and black platform pumps. We saw 2 guys wearing white jackets and black bow ties, many top hats and veils, and all were using a DTF (Down to Float) koozie. People watching was never more fun on the river!

Afterwards we went to Angie's pool and met two weird dudes. One (the balloon master) was especially nuts. His friend walked over to us in the pool and asked if we "Wanted something long and round" and then proceeded to toss a giant water balloon at us. They continued to blow up balloons and give them to everyone in the pool. At first just the kids were playing with them, but before we knew it everyone was tossing them around. It was bizarre. Who brings huge water balloons to the pool, and then fills them up and passes them out?


We also brought an old time waster back. The Panty Ho! This came about in my house in college and I have pictures of everyone, even Ryan and Michelle's dog Harley, wearing them. This time we decided to try to knock bottles over by putting a sock in the end. Here are some pictures. The one of the left is from 2005, and the right was from this weekend. For some reason Michelle didn't put it on this time, but I'm still showing her old one. Enjoy the ridiculousness. 


Angie was the best for sure.


Pat's video is my favorite for several reasons. 1: She has no idea how to swing it around. 2: I am laughing so hard I start squeaking, and that makes me laugh even more when I watch this one.

We finished the night going to my new favorite bar, Key Bar. We met some....interesting people, let's just put it at that.  After sleeping most of Sunday, I'm ready for another girls weekend!



3 comments:

  1. I like that the two labels for this are girls and ridiculous. I agree with both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for another girls weekend too!! PS why didn't yall make me put that panty ho on?? I guess we'll have to bring the panty ho back for a third time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT TO MESS UP YOUR HAIR WHEN I TOLD YOU TO DO IT!

    ReplyDelete