Sunday, July 10, 2011

fabric hoops

I walked into Angie's apartment a few weeks ago and saw the coolest thing on her wall, fabric hoops! I know, it sounds really awesome. After I left her place, I started googling fabric hoops to get more ideas, and found some great sites. I went to Michael's and bought a bunch of different sizes, and shapes of quilters hoops, and went to a bunch of different fabric stores for fabric. The best thing I found was at Jo Anns, fabric quarters for only $2 a piece! In all I spent about $40 for everything! 

I got a great idea from Rebecca when she was hanging pictures in Miles' room and got out some wrapping paper and laid out where I wanted my hoops. Once I did that I marked where the nail would go, and labeled each one with the size of the hoop.

After that I put the fabric in the inside hoop, and glued the fabric to the back of the hoop with a hot glue gun. Once I was done with that I put the wallpaper on my wall and started putting the nails in the wall.


After that, all I had to do was rip the wallpaper off the wall and put my new art up. 


All done! Once again, I am pretty impressed with my crafting skills. In my last post I said I had 2 more crafting ideas. Well, since then I've come up with a couple of new ones. I think I will be going broke with all of these crafts. (even though they are all pretty cheap, things add up) Who wants to help enable support my crafting habit? 

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great! My favorite is the baby oval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too! It's so cute a little. I almost bought another one when I was at Michael's today. I think I have a crafting problem...

    ReplyDelete