Friday, July 15, 2011

antiquing

For one of my upcoming crafts I had to go to some antique shops looking for the correct materials. (You will have to wait and see!) One place I went to was insane! It was humongous, stuff was separated into different rooms and booths, and stuff was just crammed EVERYWHERE! I held my purse the entire time afraid I would knock something off a shelf and be forced to buy it. There were some interesting things I found. There were also a ton of different weird things and statues I really wanted to buy for Rebecca and Michael. I would have, but I didn't want to be derailed on my task at hand.

Cookie jar?

No idea. But $2.50 seems overpriced.

Sticks? Stirring implements?

I saw these in several different booths in a variety of colors. I think it's a noise maker, but I was too scared to test it out. I was afraid I'd have to buy it after that or something.


Seriously? Used pencils? I would be a rich woman if I could sell the used pencils in my classroom.

I almost bought this for Crissy. I think she would like it.

At the last shop I went to I ran into Corky St. Clair's twin:
He could not stop going on and on about how he loves antiques because it reminds him of the days of yore, and queens, and loveliness. OK, he may not have said all of those things, but he might as well have with all the ridiculous things he was going on about. I wanted to ask if he knew who Corky was, and if he modeled his life after him, but that seemed inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment