Saturday, July 7, 2012

miles love

I left Kansas with Rebecca, Michael, and Miles and headed to Chicago for the week. I know Miles is super cute and awesome, but it's really funny to see random strangers start talking to whoever is around him about how cute he is, and then trying to become BFF's with him. I get it, he's pretty awesome. It's also really clear that he truly is a babe magnet. (Michael's words, not mine. He may not have actually said babe, but it felt appropriate.) I was worried how awful the flight would be since I had a lovely morning of throwing up in my cousins yard. It wasn't too bad though because I was feeling much better, and Miles was nice enough to just lay in my lap half of the time reading books with me. 

The week went by way to fast, like usual. We spent everyday visiting different parks during the day, and then hanging out with Michael at night. It's so different visiting Chicago without my parents because then we don't have a babysitter and the three of us can't go out. It was still a lot of fun getting to spend so much time with them. I don't think Rebecca and I have spent 10 days together since she lived at home in high school. It was great, and we didn't get on each others nerves! (I guess I can only speak for myself. But really, how could she get annoyed with me? I'm pretty awesome.)
Getting ready for take off.
He loved playing in the baby pool on their deck. He kept slamming himself into the water and cracking up every time he landed. I couldn't stop laughing at him!
After our trip to the children's museum. He didn't want me to sneak any Cheerios while he napped. I like his style.
Did I mention Miles is on a soccer team? It was hilarious! He and his best friend Jack, next to him, could have cared less about actually kicking the ball. They were more interested in running the opposite way they were supposed to.
This was the closest he got to actually kicking it. He finally decided he would pick it up and hand the balls to me instead of kicking them.
 At the park before heading to the pool.
 Miles and I taking our typical photo shoot.
I took him to the park one morning and he was more interested in the ice cream cart bells. Luckily the man was nice enough to let Miles bang on them forever.
One of the last nights I was there I was invited to join Rebecca and some of her friends for their wine club. They are aware of my food issues, and one of her friends is just starting to have food issues so their theme reflected that. Wine clubs theme for the night was "Food allergy awareness wine club". Everything had to be gluten free and the wine sulfate free. It was awesome! I was able to eat everything except the cheese plate. 
There were about 4 more things that were added to this table as the night went on. Delish! All in all it was a great week. Sadly I won't get to see them again until Thanksgiving. Maybe they should come back to Texas for another 3 week visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment