Tuesday, July 3, 2012

family reunion

Last week my family and I went to Kansas City for a family reunion/50th anniversary celebration. We haven't seen my moms side of the family since Rebecca's wedding 4 years ago, so I was excited to see everyone and meet some of the new cousins. Our first night there we went to my cousin Nancy and David's house for pizza. They started a company called Prarie Fire Oven where they make pizzas in a wood burning oven. My gluten free pizza was amazing! I even tried a new kind of dairy free cheese that wasn't too bad.
The entire family.
 All the cousins.
 The original ones, minus Brooke and Trey.
The next day we went to a petting zoo that was really awesome! It was really big with tons of different animals. Miles LOVED it! I had a great time walking around with him making animal noises with him. I taught him what a chicken says. One of the many things I taught him while we were together. Before we got too far into the petting zoo Miles pooped so what did Rebecca and Michael do? Change him in an open field. Clearly the most obvious place to take care of that diaper.
You would think the goats never ate since they kept eating other people's clothes.
 Duke hating it. Of course I couldn't stop laughing.
That night we went to my cousin Lori's house for Kansas City BBQ. 
After dinner we watched an old tape she had of the youngest cousins putting on one, of many, shows. At this point (I was 5) I was in love with my cousin Cameron. I was convinced we would get married, and because of this I would go mute whenever we visited them. Rebecca finally broke my heart when she told me I couldn't marry my cousin. I finally started talking once I realized she was telling the truth and not just being a mean older sister. Anyways, I was an awesome Dorothy in the show we put on with Cameron interviewing me. The trip was off to a great start!

That's where I will stop today. To keep your interest piqued, I'll give you a teaser for my next post: someone threw up in my cousins bushes, and it wasn't one of the kids.

2 comments: