Wednesday, July 4, 2012

family reunion part 2

Saturday night was the big anniversary party. My moms cousins Al and Carole were celebrating their 50th anniversary in style with all of the family and many of their friends. There was a lot of great food, drinks, and dancing. 
 Lori, Al, Carole, and Nancy
That's Cameron next to me, my would be husband if it wasn't illegal. Just kidding.

 Apparently in Kansas it's common practice to line dance to just about any song that's playing.
 My mom and the cousins.
As the night wore on we continued to drink and have a good time. About an hour before the party ended the bar was closing so someone came up with the great idea that we should get 2 drinks every time we got a drink so we would be good to go. Let's be clear here, I know I wasn't pounding my wine, but I also know I wasn't drinking any water. 

Skip to the next morning I woke up feeling terrible. I get the worst hangovers with wine and always forget that. I had to miss breakfast with the family because I was feeling so badly. My flight with Rebecca and her family wasn't until later in the afternoon so we went to Cameron's house when we got kicked out of the hotel around 11. 

When we got to his house and I got out of the car the heat hit me and I knew nothing good was about to happen. I took a few steps and then threw up in their yard. Awesome. Even better? I look up and look right at a giant window in their living room with Cameron and many of my cousins smiling and waving. I take a few more steps and throw up again. At least this time I was crouched down kind of behind a brick wall. Of course Cameron and his son Duke were looking right at me waving. I stayed down in their basement for the next few hours waiting for our flight and trying to get better. Luckily by the time we had to leave I wasn't feeling so badly anymore.

The weekend was so much fun hanging out with my cousins! And what better and classier way to go out than throwing up in your cousins front yard? I sure know how to say goodbye to my family. I'm also super classy in case you were confused.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I loved how you wanted to marry your cousin too. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that Nancy and I missed your grand entrance to Cameron's on Sunday. Loved seeing you and can't wait to read more of your blog. You and Rebecca both have a great writing style...cool people that you are!

    ReplyDelete