Tuesday, August 9, 2011

dessert for dinner

Dessert for dinner? Yes please! Monday we met for the last summer Talking Club, which is turning into a Talking Wine Club. We have yet to decide how we will continue being for real friends during the school year. Of course I already started a blog for us, and am thinking about how we can continue the fun. 

So for the very last summer Talking Wine Club meeting we decided to go out with a bang and have dessert for dinner including dessert wines. I made the most delicious gluten, and dairy free (of course) strawberry coconut cake. I am not kidding when I say it was amazing! Everyone else was in love with it as well. When I make it next time I will probably leave out the coconut extract so I can taste more of the strawberry since it already was coconutty. It looked so pretty when you cut into it too!

I also made GF, DF chocolate chip cookies, which eaten after my cake was a huge disappointment. With 7 girls, there were more than enough desserts.


This was the first time I was actually glad I had a reason why I couldn't eat all of those desserts. But of course that didn't stop me from cutting myself a huge slice of cake. I justified it because I couldn't eat anything else. I now have half of a cake staring at me as I write this post. If I run extra fast tomorrow at my speed workout, I can eat a big slice...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment