Sunday, February 28, 2010

makeup and poodles

So this weekend was my first wedding filled weekend of the month. Next weekend is an engagement party for my bestie Jillian, and then Nat's wedding the following weekend. But this weekend it was kicked off with Angie and her sister, Amanda. Yesterday we went to look at wedding dresses and saw some pretty hilarious dresses. The lady pulled this HUGE, super glittery princess dress for Angie, which is totally NOT her style. I was pumped for her to put it on because of course I was planning on taking pictures. Unfortunately the lady realized Angie would never in her right mind buy it and didn't let her put it on. Amanda and I were both sad. Mostly me though because I wanted a picture of her in that redonk dress.

Today we went to the Dior counter at Neiman Marcus to try out makeup ideas for the wedding. Below are some pictures. The lady putting on our makeup kept laughing at me when I looked at myself in the mirror. She kept saying that I was posing and thought it was funny the faces I was making. I don't think I was looking at myself any differently than normal, so now I'm wondering if I always pose when I look at myself in the mirror.


Please note the thinness of my hair in the picture above. Another reference for my last post.

While we were there this couple walked in with two full sized poodles. I mean, is that even allowed? I know those little purse sized dogs are ok. Definitely blind people's dogs are fine. But full sized poodles? Also you should know, one of the poodles had pictures on it! The second Angie and I saw it she turned to me and said, "Now that's what you need a picture of for your blog!" So I bet you know what I did after that. Correct, I followed these people around the store trying to take pictures with my phone. They were moving too fast so finally I walked over to them and started asking questions about their dogs and petting them, all the while taking pictures of them. The white one was called Winner, the other I can't remember so I'll call that one Loser. (He was plain brown. He didn't get any fun shavings and drawings like the other one.)

On closer inspection Winner had shamrocks shaved and painted on both sides. He also had a picture of a pig taking a bath with this woman's business name under it. I kept telling Angie it was called Pig Bath, but I don't think that's right. I mean, that is a TERRIBLE name for a company. But it has to be that because there was a picture of a pig taking a bath! She said they had a showing today with Winner. I'm not sure what that means, so don't ask.

I walked back over to Angie dying from all of this. Pig Bath, Winner, Loser. And then it happened. These dogs started to lose it! They were all calm and quite before I walked over and riled them up. They started whimpering and barking! In Neiman Marcus! Of course I would rile up full sized poodles walking around Neiman Marcus. And even though their dogs were becoming a nuisance, they didn't leave. They just stayed there not doing anything. I think she was trying to tell people about her Pig Bath business.

3 comments:

  1. YES, i was hoping to see these pictures up! this weekend was really fun...i'm glad you got to come and experience it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I LOVE those dogs! How is that lady going to make her dog a walking billboard? And why didn't you ask about the Pig Bath? And I enjoyed the names you gave them. I just pretty much liked everything about your trip to NM and the ridic dogs.

    ReplyDelete