Sunday, June 12, 2011

glitter shoes

Angie and I like to craft together. She told me last year she wanted to make glitter shoes, and this summer it happened! She found someones blog that we used as a reference and then went shopping. We bought our shoes at Payless (originally $16, I got mine half off because I bought another pair of shoes), and then headed to Hobby Lobby where we bought glitter, brushes, and spray glaze. I already had Mod Podge so in all I only spent $17.50 for everything to create some awesome new glitter shoes. 

All of my supplies


You have to mix glue with a ton of glitter.



It looked really weird.

Before...


After!




Angie and I took about 5 more pictures of us and our feet in different places and positions. Halfway through the glittering we had to go back to Hobby Lobby for the glaze spray, and while we were there I decided I needed to glitter more things, so I got a $4 frame and glittered it!

Angie and I are now both a little glitter crazed. We couldn't stop talking yesterday about all the other things we can, and should glitter. We almost bought a lot of stuff during our Hobby Lobby run to glitter. Get ready, because you might be getting a little present in the mail that's been glittered!!

2 comments:

  1. love this! does the glitter fall off though when you walk around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore them tonight and no glitter fell off! Between the tons of Mod Podge, and the spray glaze at the end, I don't think the glitter is going ANYWHERE. It's so easy Ling, and you'll get addicted to glittering. You should totally do it.

    ReplyDelete