Tuesday, June 7, 2011

end of year part 2

I loved my class this year. One of the kids I had I loved! He was so sweet, and I had his older brother who I also loved. Their family is one of the nicest as well. He started getting food allergy tests this year, and he found out that he has Celiacs, so we bonded over our food issues. (He really loved that he knew someone else who had gone through it.) He even told his mom that he was really sad that I couldn't have hot chocolate anymore, so could she get to work trying recipes until she found one that was good, and dairy, and gluten free. His mom also helps in every way possible, and would bring me different gluten free flours, mixes, and foods for me to try. Needless to say, I am VERY sad to see this family go. Anyway, for an end of year present to me he gave me this card:
When his mom dropped him off in the morning she let me open the card and then wanted to explain the money. She said he again brought up that he was sad I couldn't treat myself at Starbucks and get a hot chocolate, so he wanted to get me a coupon (he meant gift card) to Starbucks so I could get something I knew I could drink without getting sick. He asked his mom if he could do extra vacuuming for money to give to me. She said he vacuumed Monday and Tuesday after school so he could give me money so I could treat myself! I don't think any of my kids have ever done extra chores to give me their money. I still haven't taken the money out of the card. It is so sweet I almost don't want to spend it!! When I thanked him for it and gave him a hug he had the proudest smile on his face. 

This card is from another kid, I just thought it was really cute he changed to card to fit how he felt about me.

I'm sad to see them go, but I have no problem if that means I get a 2.5 month break! Hello summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment