Tuesday, June 21, 2011

busted!

Last time my parents were in town they stumbled upon one of the great finds in Austin gas stations:

It's basically a listing of everyone that's been arrested in Austin with their reasons for being arrested. There's even a code on the inside to let you know what it all means. For example, POM= Possession of Marijuana. I love how happy and excited some of them look getting their mugshot. If I ever get arrested I plan on making the most of it. Who wants a crappy ugly picture taken of themselves? Not me, that's for sure.

I also love the lady at the top left. The caption underneath her beautiful mugshot was "Adriana Sanchez was allegedly trying to fight everyone and their mother after being arrested for beating on a local pedi-cab driver..."  She does look pretty tough. I wouldn't want to get into a fight with her that's for sure! She looks like she would fight dirty. It's pretty funny because they have little stories on different people inside just like they did for Mrs. Sanchez. 

I was familiar with this delightful publication because my friend Wes got it awhile back and was drawing their portraits. I even grew up with someone that not only was in it, but decided she was so proud of being published she decided to add her picture from the paper to facebook. I have some classy friends.

So I was in Shreveport this weekend visiting family, and my parents brought Busted so my Aunt Diane could read it. She loved it! She kept making comments (in a Louisianian (is that a word?) accent) like, "Well she looks very normal, what did she get arrested for?" "I need to keep a finger on this code page so I know why these people were arrested." "Drugs? Oh yeah, he's still on drugs look at him. Look at his hair!" 

It sure made for a fun afternoon in Shreveport listening to my aunt crack up at these people and their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment