Sunday, February 27, 2011

my superbowl

Today is a very exciting day in the Ewing household, its Oscar Sunday! I could care less about professional sports, and I never really watch the Superbowl unless forced into it. But Oscar Sunday, that's a big day. Ever since middle school my family and I have bet on the Oscars. It started out as a quarter per category, but now that more people have joined the pool we bet $5 to the winner. Every year my mom would make a themed multi course dinner based around the Best Picture category. Now that my sister and I live away we have to make our own dinners, and we call each other during the commercials to discuss how we're doing. 

My parents are in Chicago right now visiting her and Miles and they will all be together for the Oscars tonight. When I was helping my mom come up with her menu, I didn't realize they would all be together without me. Had I known I wouldn't have given her such awesome ideas since I won't get to enjoy the meal. It's also sad because they're all together for the first time in years and I'm missing it. Oh well, I'll enjoy my crock pot spaghetti and peach and blackberry crumble with coconut ice cream all by myself. 

Cross your fingers that I win! (I went a little crazy shopping this past week and could use the extra cash.)

3 comments:

  1. How did you do in your pool? Who did you want for best movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so close to winning! I got 15 right and Rebecca got the win with 16. I guessed best movie right even though I haven't seen it. of the ones I saw I liked Inception the best. How was your party?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was rigged! I should have won, but some dumb movies won the technical categories, instead of the ones that I selected. And I came in last this year on purpose, because since I won last year(!!!), I thought it would be gracious on my part to let someone else win.

    ReplyDelete