Monday, February 28, 2011

goals

I finished my half marathon a week ago and have been looking through some running blogs ever since. All of them mention the need for goals after the race you've been training for so you don't totally stop running. One blog I started reading mentions the need for multiple goals so you don't get lost. Here are my new goals:
  1. I will run at least 4 races before summer is over.
    1. I'm doing the Run for the Sun in May with the Casis group: 90 mile relay
    2. Schlotzky's Bun Run with Emily: 5k
    3. possibly the Cap 10k
    4. ?
  2. I will consistently run 3 miles without walking.
  3. Speed up my mile time.
  4. Run 10 miles a week.

No, I don't think I can handle a full marathon, but I definitely think I will be running another half marathon in the fall or winter when the weather is cooler. I'm already looking around for my next half! (Amy is hoping I'll do the one in Dallas in December with her...I just might!)

No comments:

Post a Comment