Friday, February 18, 2011

half marathon this sunday

I can't believe the half marathon is finally here! From facebook on January 24, 2010: "so its time to challenge myself, and do something new. and by putting it on facebook, i will have to do it! by next february i will run a half marathon. if you want to join me for some 5k or 10ks along the way let me know! i am not, and have never been a runner, so we'll see how it goes!"

I am still freaking out, but I know I will be able to finish it. (Not something I could have said last year.) If you want to come cheer me on, I'd love to have you there! I love that Abby is going to be running it with me! Or at least, we will be starting together and then meet at the finish line since she's a lot faster than I am. I'm super excited because my parents, and Jillian and possibly Karam are driving all the way from Houston just to cheer me on, and I hear Chris and Bianca (after a night of partying for her birthday) will be there as well. You can check out the course route if you want to come out, and if not, you can still track me and see how I do! (There's also a link for your iPhone on the main page if that's easier for you.) My bib number is 18387. I'll make sure to let everyone know how it went! (Probably not until Monday though. I have a feeling Sunday will be a day full of sleeping, drinking water, heating pads, and massages.)

Pray that it cools off in less than a day. Pray that I don't get crazy blisters. And pray that I finish since I'm an idiot and signed up for the hillier of the 2 half marathons here in Austin. (Of course I found out about the flat, mostly downhill half marathon way too late. Whatever.)

36 hours to go! EEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment