Friday, February 25, 2011

my job is weird

Teaching is a weird profession. Having to deal with kids saying someone said a bad word (jerk, stupid, Betty Buttcheeks...what does that even mean?), random dance parties when I'm in a bad mood (today we danced to Lady GaGa's Just Dance), and kids pointing out anything they think is different about you (one kid asked me what was wrong with me because my voice sounded weird). I mean, what other job will someone come up to you and say they don't feel well, and your response is, "Go try to poop and let me know how you're feeling afterwards."?

1 comment:

  1. Well said! One time the water went out in my school and the kids couldn't flush our classroom bathroom OR they could use the main bathroom (where they brought in water to flush). We had the discussion about going "number one" in our bathroom was fine, but "number 2" needed to be done in the main hall. I had a kid ask "so what do I do if I have to TAKE A CRUD?" UGH! Who uses that phrase?!?!

    ReplyDelete