Sunday, October 30, 2011

the power of iphones

I have had a cell phone since I was 16. In those 11 years I never have dropped my phone in water or the toilet. Well, my 11 year streak just ended. Last week I dropped my phone in the toilet! The second it fell in I pulled it out, and that's when the ridiculousness started. Since I have never dropped my phone in water I didn't really know what the best next step was. So obviously I turned off my phone and then shook it really hard to get the water out. That would totally work right? I then put it in a cup of rice to try to get more moisture out. 

Well....I got bored and about 2 hours later I took it out and turned it back on. It worked! However, I noticed certain sounds weren't working. Hmm...instead of turning it off and putting it back in rice like I should have, I started texting Wes asking him what to do. I also googled it and it said to plug and unplug headphones while music is playing and that might fix the problem. I tried that, but unfortunately there was rice still in the headphone outlet thing and I totally smashed rice into it. Oops. My next brilliant idea was to get a toothpick and start picking the rice out. It kinda worked. But no sound. I decided to leave it alone and hope for the best. 

Most of the sounds are working now, but I for sure shorted something out. Do I live with it randomly working and then not working, or splurge and get the new iPhone? Decisions, decisions. Also, how in the hell is my phone still working? I bet the ghost of Steve Jobs is looking over my shoulder protecting my phone. I'm sure he doesn't have anything better to do wherever he is and is watching out for my phone.

1 comment:

  1. i'll go ahead and ask Siri how your phone is still working. she'll prob give me some long, drawn out, existential answer.

    ReplyDelete