Tuesday, October 18, 2011

never eat soggy waffles

Ok, I realize I have been posting mostly about school lately. Well. Deal with it. Once school starts back ridiculous things happen that I must inform you about. Yesterday we were looking at maps and learning about the difference between compasses and compass roses. Afterwards we came up with different sayings to help us remember how to draw a compass. I told them I learned "Never Eat Soggy Waffles" when I was their age. After the lesson they did a really fun activity, and one of the questions was to write their compass saying. 

Oh man. 

Well, I guess I wouldn't ever want to eat soggy wieners either! Ben was in my room as I was checking them and I started laughing, and when he gave me a weird look I told him why I was laughing. He asked why the kid wrote that. I told him why not? Wieners is a funny word. He just about fell out of his chair laughing at my response. Hopefully that conversation doesn't seem weird when he tells his mom about it.

3 comments:

  1. Ben is Heather's son, also the brother to Claire who gives me great dating advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, eating soggy wieners DOES seem like a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete