Tuesday, September 27, 2011

i should be a food writer

I love food. Granted, my love of food has changed the last few years with my new forced diet. Either way I always thought that being a food writer and restaurant reviewer would be a pretty awesome gig. As I was going through old cookbooks to get rid of ones that are no longer relevant to my life, I came across this pretty sweet rating system inside one of my cookbooks.

Amazing right?! I totally should start my own food blog so I can rate them solely based on this system. It's nice because there's a clear difference between ok and very bad. But what if it's just bad? I know I've had things in my life that were bad, but by no means would they require those awesome Spanish exclamation marks. Maybe I could adjust it to accommodate more of a range?

I looked through my cookbook to see what I did on pages that were ok or very bad. I didn't write notes on why it was bad, or things I could do different. Just the face. Some of the recipes I didn't even understand why I tried because they looked disgusting. All my other cookbooks were totally normal which was quite boring. (Granted, this was a cookbook from middle school and the rest were from when I was older.) Be on the lookout for my new blog rating restaurants with smiley faces and exclamation marks. It's going to be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment