Sunday, September 4, 2011

oh boy

I am trying to keep up my awesome tan so I decided to go lay out today. I also wanted to go outside and enjoy our cold front of 95 degrees. I know, it's getting pretty chilly around here. (Don't worry, I just checked the temperature and we're already back up to 100 degrees.) Anyways, there was this crazy kid who was probably around 6 years old, who was there with his older sister and crazy mom. Just as I'm getting into the pool this kid starts yelling that he's drowning (he can doggy paddle, but not very well) and his mom keeps yelling at him to shut up while she's sitting on a chair reading. Then he says, "Hey mom, I just peed in the pool." Awesome. I get that swimming in a pool with kids it's pretty inevitable that they'll pee in the pool, but don't announce it. I immediately got out and he got out and back in. He then said, "Mom, it's still hot right where I peed!"

So he continues to yell and scream, and his mom continues to yell and scream at him for yelling and screaming. This cute kid showed up and the crazy kid starts showing off and doing cannon balls. So the cute kid tries to copy him and the crazy kid told him he was too little to do any stunts. He then starts to play rough with the cute kid and the mom said they needed to go. Crazy mom sees what's happening and screams (still sitting in her pool chair, book in hand) at her crazy son telling him to leave the boy alone and get out of the pool. He gets out of the pool but refuses to sit in the chair next to her, so she starts chasing him around the pool! Oh man, it was getting pretty good. She finally got him to sit down and continued to yell at him for being mean to the cute kid. 

Finally his mom lets him get back into the pool and his mom gets on their pool float. Because he doesn't have something to hold onto anymore he is struggling to swim. He starts yelling again that he's drowning. His mom's response? "Don't swim then! You don't know how to swim yet." Excuse me, what? If that's the case, then why were you letting him swim around all by himself while you read your book? So he's yelling for help and luckily his really sweet sister was near by to slowly walk to him and pick him up by his hair. I wish I was a part of this family. It looks like fun.

2 comments:

  1. I know! I couldn't handle it. I wish I had been able to take video of it. It was nuts!

    ReplyDelete