Monday, September 19, 2011

I spent the past weekend avoiding the craziness of ACL, and our awful 100+ degree days. How did I do this you may ask? I went to Chicago to visit Rebecca, Michael, and my super awesome nephew Miles. I wasn't sure how to pack since all I have been wearing are shorts and tank tops. Packing a sweater? It seemed too good to be true! (In order to be safe I also packed a tank top and shorts. You never know.)

Miles turned 7 months while I was there, and he looked like a new kid when I saw him! The last time I saw him was July 4th weekend. It's crazy that he looks so different in just that short amount of time. I spent the weekend holding onto Miles while he bounced up and down (my shoulders and biceps are sore today), reading him books, putting him to sleep, taking him to the park, and even making him laugh! He's not a fussy baby, but apparently he doesn't laugh much, to Rebecca's annoyance. But I was able to do it! Granted, it sounds more like grunts half the time. But I'll take it! I guess Rebecca and Michael aren't as funny as they seem to think they are. 

He also learned to wave while I was there. Now I don't want to say it was my influence, but it probably was.

Look at him "walking" too! He's such a big boy!

It was really hard to leave him on Sunday. I know he felt the same way because he was giving my puppy dog eyes on the entire ride to the airport. I know he won't remember me when I see him at Thanksgiving, but at least Rebecca and I sound the same so he'll basically know who I am. Here are some more pictures of this weekend to enjoy. He's a pretty cute baby. I dare you not to scroll down!

Wait, what? There's no more food?!

Baby jeans and baby feet? Too much!

He loves to swing!


Mushmouth

Miles was cold, so he took care of himself.

I love food!

He's a big fan of mine, obviously.


Our typical photo shoot.


Miles' hair super long, so we thought we'd let him finally see the world clearly again. The result? Pure awesomeness.





Photo shoot continued...



Look at him standing! (Or...leaning with support...)

Miles loves to read!

Do you really have to leave Aunt Courtney?

2 more months until our reunion, and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment