Monday, March 28, 2011

i don't mind spiders, as long as they aren't hairy

Nichole walked into my room this morning and asked if I had seen the floor between our rooms. I said no and asked her why and she led me over to this.


Yup. A tarantula. In our classroom. Thank God it was dead otherwise I would have really freaked. I grabbed the broom and dustpan and tried to sweep it up, while screaming, but it didn't move. It was literally stuck to the ground from whatever had come out of it from its death. I told Nichole to tell me when it was unstuck and closed my eyes and started sweeping. She laughed and said it was unstuck, but was now stuck to the broom. I screamed again (not sure why, but I'm sure it was justified) and shook it onto the dustpan. I then threw it out in the compost outside of the classroom and of course took pictures along the way.



I emailed our principal and head custodian and Marco suggested that we get a snake to take care of any of their family members. I told him Nichole was all over it.

1 comment:

  1. Since I am always willing to help, here you go:

    http://www.generalexotics.com/snakes/other-snakes-for-sale/rough-green-snake

    the rough green snakes eats: Crickets, grasshoppers, caterpillars, and spiders. And it only costs $24.69 plus shipping!! I think that Marco has a great idea and the kids would love it - part of your science studies.

    ReplyDelete