Friday, March 25, 2011

the end of spring break

The day I left Chicago was Miles' 1 month birthday AND St. Patrick's Day. Of course Rebecca had to dress him accordingly, and luckily I had just given him this super cute outfit.
And I also made this super cute onsie for the day! (Yes, I put a beer in Spongebob's hand.) It was super sad to leave him especially because I won't see him again until he's almost 6 months! This is going to get really annoying having to reintroduce myself to him every time I see him.

When I got back to Houston a group of us went to this crazy Irish bar in the village. Apparently Shannon didn't realize it was St. Patrick's Day. Obviously she kept getting pinched. Also Jillian and I were matching in our sweet $8 Target shirts.

Before heading back to Austin we had our usual Ewing BBQ. This time however I upped the stakes. Mom and dad were getting a little complacent in their BBQ cookings. We haven't changed it up in awhile, and I figured it was about time to do something new and see if they could rise to the occasion. So I had mom make homemade curly fries! She used to make them all the time growing up, and I don't think she had made them in 10 years. They were pretty amazing, and a big hit!


RIP Tater Twister. It broke towards the end of mom curlying 5 lbs. of potatoes and she had to start doing it by hand. Don't worry though, I'm buying her another one so we can continue our new BBQ tradition of homemade curly fries.

Olivia even made it to her first Ewing BBQ! She had a blast munching on burgers and fries and was pretty wiped out by the end of it.


Finally I made it to San Antonio for part of Emily's bachelorette party! We all bought her some cute lingerie from Anthropologie and she was holding up the underwear so everyone could see it and then the entire room we were in started yelling and cheering! She even ended up getting free drinks from a table of guys who obviously liked what they saw.


Spring Break is officially over. I have absolutely nothing planned for this week, and have not made any copies. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes since I don't plan on going in to work today to get things ready. (I wrote this Sunday and am only posting it now. Monday was a great lesson for the kids on being flexible and spontaneous.)

1 comment: