Thursday, March 24, 2011

my sister's household sure is different

Obviously as you get older things start to change. Change number 1 happened when this kid came around.

Soon after he was born one of the first conversations Rebecca and I had was all about his lack of pooping. When I got off the phone with her I thought, so is this what our relationship has become? I guess we're now talking about pooping.

Things got even crazier when I got to their place over Spring Break. Usually next to the sink are all of our leftover beer bottles from the night before. Here's what has taken their place.

Along those same lines, Rebecca and Michael are usually almost constantly asking me if I need another drink, or that I should start drinking, or where is my drink...you get the point. Well, not this trip. Instead of Rebecca asking where her drink was, she was drinking down gallons of water. (This is making Rebecca and Michael sound like alcoholics. They aren't in case you were wondering.)

The third big change is bedtime. On the weekends we would always be up way past midnight. On weekdays, even though Michael has work, we would rarely go to bed before 11. It was usually closer to midnight before we'd finally go to sleep. Well, I was shocked when I looked at the clock Saturday night when all the lights were off and everyone was in bed.

Monday night was the same, as was every other night. Around 10 Rebecca started hinting she wanted to go to sleep until we all finally went around 10:30.

I get that they had a baby and are tired all the time because they wake up throughout the night. It is still weird when you visit them and they are the ones wanting to go to bed before me. I'm usually the first one wimping out on them, not the other way around.

I can't even imagine what their place is going to look like once Miles can start crawling and walking around. Their house is going to be so junked up with toys! I bet Rebecca is going to freak out. Or start teaching him right away how to put his toys correctly away in the right containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment