Wednesday, December 8, 2010

thanksgiving

Crissy, if you're reading this, stop now. I don't want to hear your complaints about how this is just a reposting of Rebecca's Thanksgiving post. Everyone else, you may continue.

After leaving Houston from the baby shower, I had to drive back to Austin to work for 2 days. It was pretty annoying, but whatever. We (mom, dad, Rebecca, Michael and I) were going to drive to Shreveport from Houston, and then to Austin. Because of this I flew to Houston on Tuesday night. I made sure to get there early enough so I wouldn't have to wait in the long security line. It took me less than 5 minutes to get through. No problem, I'd rather be early than running through the terminal like in Home Alone. So everyone boards and we are at the end of the runway ready to take off when they say they're doing construction at the Houston airport (perfect timing bozos) so we had to wait on the runway for almost an hour. By the time I finally got to my parents house I could have driven to Houston and back. 

The drive to Shreveport was fine, nothing too exciting to note other than the fact that Michael continues to amaze me with the amount of candy he can eat in a 4 hour time span. It was great seeing everyone, and the food was delish. Especially the separate meal my awesome parents made for me so I could still eat. I even had a real pie with crust that tasted real! Everyone thought it was hilarious I kept saying it tasted like a real pie...but it did! Any gluten free, dairy free people know how rare that is! (Below are pictures taken from Rebecca. My camera officially died so I'm stealing from her.)


Here's out cousin who willingly locked himself in the dog crate. The best was he had a hard time unlocking it, and he kept asking people to open it and no one did. At one point he had a rubber chicken in there with him.

When we got back to Austin my running group had our unofficial 10 mile run up to Mount Bonnell. The 10 miles would have been...bearable... except the run UP the hill to get to Mount Bonnell almost killed me! Our coach said before we got to the hill that she wanted us to run up it as best as we could. At one point I started walking and I was walking faster than I was running up it. It was crazy steep! We then ran up the stairs to see the view before running back down and finishing our run. I didn't have my camera with me (obviously) but here's a picture of what I saw. It was great! But sad that I was only halfway through my run.

We spent Sunday hanging out and eating. It was a pretty great end to a fun weekend with the family!

 This last picture cracks me up! I can't wait to see Rebecca and how big her belly has gotten! Only 2 more weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I like that not only did you steal this post from me, you stole a pic from me that I took at Mt. Bonnell when you weren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post stinks. the only good thing about this post is the white kid in the cage. fair is fair.

    ReplyDelete