Sunday, December 26, 2010

houston (again)

This time I was home for Jillian's bachelorette party. Before all the shenanigans happened dad told me it was time to empty my piggy bank because it was officially full. Let me back up and explain. In high school I was wanting extra money but not wanting to actually do anything to get it. So, I made a box and drew pictures and wrote things like "I love the sound of money" all over the sides and top. Dad started putting in his loose change at the end of the day, probably thinking after a few weeks I'd be done with it and get rid of it. He apparently underestimates my love of unearned money! The box eventually broke and I upgraded to an actual piggy bank, and yes, dad still puts money in. I hadn't emptied it for a year and a half, and was quite excited when I realized how much was actually in there!
 After totaling it all up there was $327. 15. Thanks dad!

I also thought I should point out the amazing ornament I made in kindergarten that still gets put up on the tree.
It is made out of a walnut shell I painted, and a clay baby Jesus with a poorly drawn on face. I know you are jealous!

I ended the weekend celebrating Jillian's last night of freedom. (Well, not really since she doesn't get married until January, but whatever.) Here are a few pictures you are allowed to see. It was a crazy night, just like all bachelorette parties are supposed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment