Monday, December 27, 2010

christmas part 1

Because Rebecca is super pregnant she can't fly anymore without having to jump through hoops with her doctor to get permission. (Not literally, although that would be fun.) Since she can't fly that meant an early Christmas in Chicago. It was great being somewhere that was actually cold on Christmas! We have a lot of traditions for Christmas Eve, and everyone decided we should start a new one. The new tradition is "How long can you stand outside before you freeze to death." It was 1 degree outside with the chill factor, and I wasn't allowed any extra clothing other than what I was currently wearing. I'm not quite sure why I volunteered.
When we have Christmas in Houston the tradition will switch to who can stay in the pool the longest. I'll probably win since I showed my superior cold weather handling skills. I was able to stay outside for 5:57 minutes and only came in because we were all getting bored of watching me. Actually, since I was the only one who was outside I think this means I will be the only one carrying on this tradition...maybe I need to rethink this...

Some of our other Christmas Eve traditions:
Mexican train
 
Pizza making

Yup, drinking straight from the bottle is also a Christmas tradition.

We also always watch a Christmas movie while we make and eat our pizza's.
This was part of Holiday Inn I think, one of the most redonk Christmas movies I have ever seen. I don't think you can even count it as a Christmas movie since Christmas is only in it for about 5 minutes.

On Christmas day mom always makes a big, delicious meal for us. Since Rebecca was hosting, she was in charge of making dinner. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal for her because she's an awesome chef...but my food issues just about killed her. It took her forever to figure out what to do so I could eat and everyone wouldn't be pissed about the meal. I think she did an awesome job! She even got me coconut ice cream for dessert since I couldn't have their dessert. (She did say she had to use gold bars to pay for it because it was so expensive. Sorry!)

The best Christmas present was Bananagrams. This is probably now going to become one of our Christmas traditions.

I also learned all about Krampus. I'm sure glad I didn't grow up in Michael's family because I probably would have feared Christmas all year long knowing about this guy. I would rather meet Satan than this dude. I think Satan would be more forgiving. Check out Rebecca's blog to learn more about him. The video is my favorite I think.

The rest of Christmas will be posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the video of you doing calisthenics on the balcony. However, my FAVE is your mom drinking straight from the bottle and your dad's face in the background. I am ambivalent about the pics of Turducken.

    ReplyDelete