Sunday, June 30, 2013

step by step

Oh baby! Gonna get to you girl! I was at dinner for a friends birthday when Sheri asked if I wanted to go to the Boyz II Men, 98', New Kids on the Block concert in Houston. It took me about 2 seconds to realize I had to be there, no matter the cost. I mean, come on! I have always loved Boyz II Men. I remember listening to Yesterday, One Sweet Day, and Motownphilly all the time. And New Kids on the Block?! I was in LOVE with Donnie and convinced I would marry him and his bad boy self. (Don't let the Cosby sweater and mullet fool you. He is all bad boy)

I was counting down the days, and on our drive into Houston we were listening to the Boy Band station on Pandora to get us hyped up. Not really needed for me. I mean, I was about to go see my 1st/2nd grade love and his 4 friends sing to me! 

Boyz II Men and 98' were both on for about an hour. The Boyz were awesome, although I was sad when Mariah Carey didn't show up to sing One Sweet Day. I never listened to 98' so I didn't know any of their songs, but they were still entertaining. 
 Nick Lachey breaking it down.

There was no break between the two bands, but there was a quick one before New Kids came on. We expected them to be on for about the same amount of time, but were super excited when a video came on getting us excited for NKOTB and it said they would be on for 2 hours!! I know it sounds ridiculous, but it was like an awesome party for 2 hours. They hand a balloon drop, multiple confetti cannons, streamers, pyrotechnics, etc. Even when they played their newer songs (and by newer, I mean anything recorded after 1994) we were having a blast and dancing along. But let's get real. There was nothing better when a little You've Got It (The Right Stuff), or Hanging Tough came on. They even did their old dance moves to both of the songs! I was dying.
Sheri and I waiting for NKOTB
 a little pre stage circle moment
 Donnie breaking it down
Jordan singing his girly high notes
 You've Got It line up, just before their leg kick dance move.
 You can't see them, but they're singing/dancing behind the lit up mics on the ground.

It started to get a little strippery interesting towards the end when Donnie started making out with a girl in the audience, and Jordan and the others started dancing around like strippers. I don't even remember what song it was they were doing this to, I just know I couldn't stop laughing. And in case you were wondering, yes, Donnie does this in every city. You might be thinking, it's probably his wife or girlfriend on tour with them. You would be wrong. We saw different videos with a different girl in each one. I don't care, I know Donnie is just doing what he needs to do in order to provide for me when he realizes he loves me and we get married. 

If you want to see some of the tour, search The Package Tour on youtube. I may or may not have done that for an hour before writing this post. It was an almost 30 year old girls dream night!

No comments:

Post a Comment