Friday, June 21, 2013

chicago: part 1

My sister has been in love with Veronica Mars for years now, and has been trying to get me to watch it. I finally took her advice and watched the entire series in about 2 weeks. I know, that is redonk. But when I get hooked, I find myself doing nothing but whatever it is I'm hooked on. It's probably a good thing I've never done drugs. Otherwise I would probably be on that show Intervention instead of watching it. 

ANYWAYS, I recently found out a friend/parent at my school is the wife of the creator of that show, and when I told her how much I/we loved it, she hooked my sister and I up with some coozies. Koozies? However you spell it, we got them. I was so excited to give it to Rebecca, and she started using it immediately.

Meghan and I flew into Chicago together and it was fun spending the first weekend there together! We went on lots of walks, played at all the parks in walking distance, and generally had a blast.
In between walks Meghan and I enjoyed the deck.
Miles decided he wanted to join us.

It's wild having months go by between seeing Miles. He was talking so much more than the last time I saw him. What was even more exciting? You could actually understand everything he was saying and wanting from you! We had a lot of fun drawing with chalk. He told me what to draw, and it was so cute having him get so excited when I would draw whatever it was he requested.
On Saturday we went to Rib Fest. I love that once the nice weather hits, there is a festival every weekend, usually in walking distance. We ate a ton of food, and then headed over to the kids area. Who even knew there were kids areas at these fests? Apparently there are. One of the many things you learn when a little nugget is part of the crew.
He wasn't very good at milking the cow. I think he needs to spend more time in Texas getting back to his roots.
We finished the day with some deep fried chocolate covered bacon. And by we, I mean everyone but me. I'm sure it was disgusting with all that gluten in it.
It was such a fun weekend with Meghan there! It was sad when she left, but I was glad I was going to be there for another 5 days!
"Check back later for part 2 ladies." (That was Miles saying that, in case you weren't sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment