Friday, June 14, 2013

end of year

Man, I have been MIA for longer than I meant to be, sorry about that! Things got crazy with the end of the year, and then I was gone the last week celebrating the beginning of summer with a trip to Chicago! (Check back for my trip recap.) We always have our kids write something (usually a letter) to their next years teacher telling them a little about ourselves. Here are my favorites.
True story. We all hate them.

What about a mean teacher, teaching fractions? I probably just blew her mind with that one.

I am going to miss this kid! (He is responsible for most of the kid quotes this year.) And he is correct, he is not blind. But come on kid, even my nephew Miles is a wiz at 2D shapes.

So stinkin cute!

So the last 2 weeks of school I blow up balloons and inside I put a little piece of paper with something fun we will do. We had a water balloon and water fun fight one day, had a movie and game day, had a bubble gum bubble blowing contest (no one spit out their gum trying to make a bubble this year!), etc. Obviously every day was a blast! 

The best day? That would be our movie and popcorn day. We read the Origami Yoda books the last few weeks of the year, and my kids became obsessed! We were even the Origami Yoda Ewings for our book themed track and field day, complete with our own origami Yodas. Note to self, never do origami with 18 eight year olds at the same time. It will be torture. Anyways, back to our day. We had a pajama day, watched the original Star Wars, ate popcorn, and then at the end of the day came the best part. 
Light saber fight!!!
2 on one, and I totally beat them.
 Winning, as Darth Vader, in pajamas!

I had made pool noodle light sabers (Thank you Pinterest!) and we went outside and spent the last 10 minutes of the day having a blast! The kids were taking it really seriously, and were acting like their light saber person. It was hilarious! They even made noises every time they hit someone with their light saber. One of the kids would actually act like that part of their body was cut off until he was totally laying on the ground and someone had gone in for the kill. Then he would jump back up and start all over again. I know, it sounds a little bonkers, but it was awesome!

Sadly I don't have any more pictures of our last 2 weeks together. Let me just tell you they were awesome days, and I loved every minute of it! 

Now, it's SUMMER! You suckers with non-teaching jobs should check back during your lunch breaks to read about all the awesome things I'm doing this summer. You can live vicariously through me. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment