Tuesday, March 20, 2012

sxsw

SXSW is always going on during my Spring Break. It's really fun, but you sometimes have to wait in line forever and may or may not get into the movie or show you're waiting for. That part I hate about it, so I avoided most of it this year. I went for a run on Friday and experienced SXSW in my own little way. I first saw Brad Womack from The Bachelor. Not too exciting because he lives here, but still, a semi-celebrity sighting. I then hopped off of the trail and ran downtown some. At one of the stoplights a homeless man serenaded me. It was lovely. When I jumped back on the trail to finish my run I saw Howard Stern! It was funny watching him run because he's so tall and lanky. My guy friends are super jealous that I saw him.

That night I went to Auditorium Shores with some friends for their free show. The headliner that night was Counting Crows! I love their old stuff, even though one of their songs was a source of name calling for me. One of their big hits was Mr. Jones, and Rebecca loved calling me Mr. Jones because of my ridiculous short hair. (Picture a boy, then put my face over theirs and you have a pretty good idea of what I looked like back then.) They put on a great show! I was jumping up and down when Mr. Jones came on. It was a great night!

I heart Austin!

Round Here

Mr. Jones


See you next year SXSW!

1 comment:

  1. counting crows guy really still has the same hair cut. maybe it is a wig. weird.
    i am so glad you are having fuuuuun!

    ReplyDelete