Sunday, March 18, 2012

apartment updates

I had to resign my lease and in doing so I was able to get several upgrades. I got new wide wooden blinds throughout, I will be getting new laminate that looks like hardwood floors, and my carpets cleaned. The biggest update? New cabinets! Well, not really new. They took the old doors off, painted everything white, and put new doors on.
Before


I had to take everything out before they could come in, annoying but I know why I had to do it. As I was pulling stuff out I started a Goodwill pile. I was video chatting with Rebecca and Miles while I was doing it and was trying to convince Rebecca she needed some of the stuff I was getting rid of. She did not agree. I think Miles was probably pretty sad.

All of my crap. Including my bathroom stuff since they did those cabinets as well. I had to go back to this table anytime I needed anything for 3 days. It was really annoying after about 5 minutes.

I think I have some extra tupperware if you ever need some.

Day 1: Paiting


Day 2: Done!


When I came home after day 2 this sign was on one of the doors. Excuse me, what? I decided it meant to say Please don't close the cabinet doors today. I only figured that out after my mom said I should leave the doors open an extra day so they don't stick.

Another update I did on my own was get rid of a big desk in my bedroom. I've had it since college, and I think Rebecca had it when she was in college. It's become a storage space since I use my computer usually in the living room, so I decided it was time to move on. I got some shelves at Ikea and quickly realized I needed a lamp. I also finally framed 2 prints I've had forever, and put up some of the art I got from my friend Judy Paul. I think it looks great, but seems cluttered. I'm not sure what to do about that. Ideas?

When I get the new flooring I will make sure to show you!

1 comment:

  1. new cabinets look WAY better. also, maybe that person that left you that note is the same guy from your other blog haha.

    ReplyDelete