Saturday, December 31, 2011

christmas in chicago

As you all know, my sister has a kid now which makes traveling more interesting. Because they had just come down for Thanksgiving, and had an amazing time, we thought we would spare them from traveling back to Texas, so we went to them. I was so excited about snow on Christmas just like last year, but sadly the weather was just cold with no snow. It was a great trip! Lots of food, and family time. It couldn't have been better!

Let's start with the sleeping arrangements. Before Miles, his room was the guest room, and their office could be turned into another guest room if needed. That's what we did last Christmas. Well, Miles is here and things have changed. There is one less guest room, so I got the air mattress in the closet. That first night was awful because it was freezing, uncomfortable, and kind of scary. It didn't help that Rebecca and Michael were telling me Santa was going to chop my head off and centipedes were going to crawl all over my body. After that first night I got a total of 4 blankets, and a heating pad. It was much nicer in the closet after that.

Yes, that is my picture on his toy. It's my school picture from this year, and apparently one of Miles' favorite new toys. I think when I first got there he was a little confused because he hit my face a few times like he does to the picture.



Lions fan already!

We started our usual photo shoot. He wasn't having it and I realized why during this picture. I heard a huge fart, and then a blowout happened.

Bath time because of the blowout. I think Miles needs a haircut.

Party hair.

9 to 5 hair.

Miles' first Christmas! I know he doesn't get it, but we were all super excited for him!



Miles trying pickled okra like his mom. He hated it, but started laughing because we were laughing at his faces.


Amazing dinner once again made by Rebecca.


The best present I got for Miles (In my opinion at least. His favorite were the caterpillar drumsticks above. But come one, a coonskin cap? Amazing.)




I had built an awesome tower using almost all of the blocks earlier in the day, so we had a competition to see who could use the most before it fell over. Dad did a respectable job.

However, I am a master builder. They shouldn't have messed with me. Rebecca was mad I was able to use all the blocks though because that meant that the game was over. Sorry. I'm just too awesome.

Photo shoot #2.


He was going through my bag while I got my charger and found this hat. Of course I put it on him. He looks so guilty in this picture!


While we were there he even took his first steps! Living so far away I never thought I'd actually get to see one of his firsts. But I did, yay!


Here are a few other fun videos I took while I was there. Enjoy!




I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment