Thursday, December 1, 2011

oh christmas tree

I have a tree skirt that does its purpose. It's red, felt, and ugly. Of course that meant I needed to look on Pinterest to find a craft I could do that would make this ugly tree skirt amazing. I found it and immediately got to work. Jo-Ann's had an amazing sale going on over Thanksgiving weekend so I got this cute red and white snowflake fabric for only $10 for 4 yards. (I used almost all of those 4 yards for those of you that will be copying....I mean for those of you that will be inspired by me.)

I cut the fabric into long strips, about 3 inches wide, until I had a big pile. It only took me about an hour, and that was with me stopping periodically to watch tv. After that I spread out my skirt and got all of my supplies ready to glue and ruffle the fabric.



Stupid hot glue gun glue dries quickly so for the first few strips I had to put only a little glue, ruffle, more glue, ruffle, you get the idea. I was video chatting with Rebecca and Miles during most of the gluing and she was very supportive. "So how long did the first circle take? Man this is going to take a long time. It's looking fluffy."



In the end it took me about 3 hours to do the entire skirt. The first few rows I was starting to get nervous that I would hate it. But it is AWESOME!! My fingers were covered in hot glue gun glue, a little burnt, and the floor was a mess with stringy glue stuff. When I picked it up to put around my Christmas tree it was glued to the ground! Luckily I was able to pull it off and nothing got messed up.

On a side note, as I was decorating my tree I pulled out a cat ornament my mom gave me in 2007. She even wrote Luna's name on the side so no one would forget who that cat was supposed to be. She even has wings and a halo. I think my mom is psychic and knew she would ran away/get lost/get killed by some wild Greenbelt animal. RIP Luna.

Merry Christmas y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I want you to know that I just put my ornaments on my tree and smiled when I opened the Christmas armadillo that you gave me! :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete