Tuesday, December 13, 2011

lights of love

2 Friday nights ago I ran in the Lights of Love 5k with two friends from school, Katie and Chloe. It had been raining all day and it had luckily stopped an hour or two before the run. I was super excited because we were going to be running around a neighborhood with all of their Christmas lights out. I love running in the dark, and looking at Christmas lights while I run is even better! I even put a Christmas playlist on my iPod to get me into the mood. 

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" was the first song on my playlist which totally pumped me up! It was a great run, but I was bummed at the people living in the neighborhood. There weren't many lights out, so the run was a little more boring that I had expected. But it was still a great run for 2 reasons. The first is that I ran my fastest 5k to date! Not only did I run it in 30:24, but I ran my first mile in 8:46. 8:46! I have never run that fast in my life! The second reason why the race was great was there was a Jingle Beer stand and several very jolly men were passing out beer on their lawn. Of course I couldn't say no to these jolly men, so I stopped to grab a drink before finishing the race. This is probably the last race I will run until my half  marathon at the end of January, and it was a great one to end on.

Katie is in front in purple, and Chloe next to me in black.

Woo hoo! (The time is slower than mine because I didn't get out right at 0)

1 comment: