Monday, March 22, 2010

my first running..."injury"

The story of the picture is the best part, so lets get past the boring part. So I bumped up my interval running today, and towards the end my foot started hurting. I could tell a blister was forming, and I was right! It's not that impressive (probably because I eventually stopped running because it hurt) but it's in an annoying spot, so it hurts to just walk normally. Fabulous.

It was uncomfortable even to have my shoe on in the car, so I took it off for the drive home from the gym. At the stoplight in front of my apartment I decided that would be a good time to take this picture. If any of my readers have sat at that light, you totally understand that I had more than enough time to take this picture. It is a LONG light. Anyways, so since the blister was on my right foot, I used my left foot for the brake. I also couldn't find good lighting where you could actually see the blister so I kept moving my foot around. In the passenger seat, on my dashboard, up against the steering wheel, I even somehow got my foot around far enough and up against the drivers side window. Basically any spot was fair game. I easily took 10 pictures of my foot.

When I finally got a somewhat decent picture I looked over and the lady in the car next to me had the funniest look on her face. She clearly had watched this entire spectacle and didn't understand what she was seeing. It was understandable on her part. I wish I could have yelled my blog address at her so she would better understand. But the light turned green and I thought it was more important to get my right foot back on the pedal.

1 comment:

  1. You should have waved at her with your foot...and then maybe given her the finger with your index toe.

    ReplyDelete