Wednesday, October 10, 2012

half marathon, it's on!

I was in Houston this past weekend for a bridal shower for a good friend of mine when my dad was asking how my running was going. Because of my back I started getting back into running just over a month ago and am finally starting to run 4 miles on the weekend. Starting from scratch sucks. I feel like I can't run a mile without wanting to stop. 

Anyways, my dad was asking if I had signed up for the 3M again. I have been going back and forth on my decision to bite the bullet and sign up for it, and that's when my dad asked if he could run it with me. Say what?! My dad's knees bothered him so much he had to stop running awhile back. I had no idea he was running again. Of course I said yes because we had been talking about doing a race together when his knees started bothering him.

I guess this now means I have to get serious and actually start running. And sign up. I probably also need some new running clothes since the 20 pairs of Nike shorts I have aren't good enough. Having to start running crazy miles on the weekend will all be worth it when we cross the finish line together. I'm already planning our awesome finshers picture as we cross. Get ready dad!

1 comment:

  1. yay! i signed up for my first 5k ever haha. the only training i plan on doing is insanity 3 x a week. i'm sure you'll be way better off!

    ReplyDelete