Thursday, January 19, 2012

im officially 28...i feel old

Monday I officially turned 28. I know it's not old, but it sure feels old. I think it feels so old because I am rapidly getting closer to 30. Oh man. It will happen before I know it. Anyways. I spent Sunday night with a group of friends at The Highball in their Rapper's Delight (karaoke) room. We sang the night away! It was a blast! I sounded pretty crazy the next morning because of all of my singing.




Larry and Sara were pretty amazing singing Summer Lovin from Grease. Larry sang Sandy's part, and Sara Danny's part. (It reminded me of when Rebecca made me sing Danny's part EVERY TIME we were on a road trip. No matter how much I begged, I never got to be Sandy.) They were pretty fabulous. I recorded it, but it didn't come out well. I may still have to post it later just so you can hear the amazingly high notes Larry was reaching.






The next night, my actual birthday, we went to Sheri's for The Bachelor. I have to say, I have the most awesome for real friends* ever! Not only did Sheri email me before that night checking ingredients and making sure I could eat what she was making, but Sarah even made me brownies! AND she got candles and everyone sang me happy birthday! I have some pretty awesome friends who take care of me and my insane food issues. What more could a girl ask for? I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me. This birthday weekend has me thinking it might be pretty great.

Oh. Except for the fact that my class totally forgot about my birthday! It was pretty hilarious when over the announcements they said happy birthday to me. If there was a record playing it would have totally scratched to a stop at that point as each one of my students turned their head to me with a look of confusion and surprise. I couldn't help but laugh.

*Two summers ago I decided I needed to make new friends, so my goal for the summer was to become "for real friends" with Sarah. The next summer I expanded my friend search to the other awesomely cool girls at my school, and thus formed our "for real friends" talking club, and friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like soooo much fun! I'm sorry I missed it! My favorite part was that you could hold your drinks while you sing. At karaoke bars in the valley you can't. I guess they think you will spill it all over their equipment, which I totally would! Happy B-day again and don't worry I will turn 30 before you :(

    ReplyDelete