Friday, January 27, 2012

esme's killer

News broke last night that the man who killed Esme killed himself a week after her death. His roommate found him dead a week later, on January 12th. I'm mad he took the easy way out and killed himself rather than face what he did. But I can take solace in the fact that he had to spend a week hearing all about her, how amazing she was, and all the people she touched while she was with us.

He is also now being linked to the attacks that happened to women running on the trail near Congress, and on Congress street. I remember Brandon telling us during one of our Wednesday runs this summer about those attacks, and told me and the other girls that we shouldn't be running by ourselves on the trail, especially not on Congress. Of course I made sure I was careful when I ran and never ran in a place where I was isolated, but I didn't stop running on my own. It's scary to think this guy was the same guy that killed Esme. I am curious to find out more about this guy. I don't think we will ever know why he did what he did. But hopefully her family can have some peace now that he is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment