Monday, November 7, 2011

training has begun

Everyone should know training has begun again for me. I signed up for the 3M half that's at the end of  January. This is the one I found out about last year AFTER I signed up for the Livestrong half. This one is mostly downhill which is amazing since the first half I did was designed by a masochist. Hills the entire half, and a huge one the last mile. Seriously? Anyways, training is in full swing. I got another new pair of shoes (I think this is now the 4th pair I've bought since I started running.), a new running watch, and am in the market for some better cold weather running clothes. 

Yesterday I did my long run, only 5 when I was supposed to do 7. It was a hard run so I cut it short. My legs were tight, my stomach wasn't cooperating, and it rained the entire run. The rain I kind of enjoyed, it's the other things that stopped me short. Having hard runs sucks. It makes me worried that I won't be ready for my half. I know I will be, but having tough runs makes me wonder why I decided to sign up for another half marathon. Amy is already trying to convince me to sign up for another half that is for women only a few months later. Maybe I'll do it to keep me in top shape for the Run to the Sun again this year. Either way, I know it will all be worth it as I run across the finish line with a huge smile across my face. 

2 comments:

  1. The 3M is a great race. Plus the goodie bag is so full of fun stuff that all teachers love. What is the 1/2 for women? I'm interested in that.

    ReplyDelete