Thursday, September 6, 2012

kid quote

My class this year it pretty hilarious. Not in a, hey let me tell you a joke kind of way. They're hilarious in a, they have no idea what they just said but it struck my funny bone kind of way. Because of this I have a feeling I will be putting random quotes on here as needed. To start us off here is a semi-sad, semi-cute, semi-funny quote. (Before I say it let me just say I thought it was funny because it was totally out of nowhere and he was clearly really tired.)

In the middle of the day on the first Friday of the school year:
Kid: (burst into tears while walking to the carpet) Ms. Ewing, my mom won't kiss me goodnight anymore and I want her to!
Me: Have you told her that?
Kid: Yes! But she's a really important person and has a lot of important things to do at night. Her things are way more important than giving me a kiss. And I really want a goodnight kiss.
Me: Well, why don't you try telling her again tonight how important it is to you. If you want you can write her a letter.
Kid:....Ok. I guess so. I just want a kiss.

2 comments: