Wednesday, September 5, 2012

i'm not alone!

I went and got my hair done (you know it's time when a friend asked if you dyed your hair darker...oops) and while I was there Sonya, my hairdresser for going on 6 years now?, and I caught up. I was telling her all about my crazy back and she immediately said there was a girl that worked there that had phytophotodermatitis as well! Small world. 

As I was checking out, Cat, the fellow allergic to sun person, and I were talking and her's is way worse than mine. Apparently she can't even drink anything with citrus if the sun is shining, and I think she said she has to avoid citrus for 24 hours after being in the sun. Crazy. Her last burn she said was on her wrist and it turned into a 3rd degree burn. I think I'm lucky I was in the sun for as little time as I was. The worst, oh man I cringe just thinking about it, she was in Cancun and was walking out of the pool with a glass full of tequila and another glass full of lime juice and she tripped and fell and it got ALL over her. At this point she had no idea what was causing these burns and she stayed out at the pool and her entire body was covered in burns because she had spilled her juice. Man that sucks.

At least now I know what I have wasn't just made up by doctors trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment