Monday, April 2, 2012

run to the sun update

This past Friday we had a fundraiser night, just like last year, to help us reach our goal. Since we are 2 teams this year, we upped our goal from $5,00 to $10,000. Even though we have great friends, parents at our school, etc. that still seemed like a whole lot of money. Well, as of Friday we exceeded our goal! As of Friday we have $10,824 in donations online, we received $820 in checks for donations, $420 in tshirt (Young Guns shirts) sales to go towards the foundation, an anonymous $500 cash donation in honor of Amy, and $64 from a fourth grade lemonade stand that they wanted to give us. So amazing!!!!

With some of the cash donations, we will be using it to help cover costs for water, food, transportation, etc. Because people are so generous we are getting a party bus, driver included, to drive our two teams!! Oh man, this is going to get wild! I hope it's a party bus with a karaoke machine inside. That would be just what we need to be the most awesome team once again. 

Even though we have met our goal, we are still trying to get as many donations that we can to help eradicate Batten Disease. Click here to donate now! 26 more days until race weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I clicked on your link to this blog from Pinterest, but I hadn't really paid attention to whose pin it was. So, I looked at the baby shower pictures and then clicked through a few posts until I got to one that had your picture on it. I started freaking out like, I know that girl! I kept thinking, "What are the odds?" I've been doing a lot of random blog reading cause I can't sleep and I couldn't believe I'd clicked on yours.

    Of course, then I started looking at my history to see how I got to this blog and then I realized it was from your pin and that's not very exciting or a big coincidence. It was, however, a funny story, so I thought I'd tell you.

    I'm working with a professor in the kinesiology department at UT on a music/autism program and I was telling her about our days in whatever class that was. She didn't think my "We cheated on everything!" was that funny. I personally think it's an awesome story, so... whatever.

    It's good to see you! (or read you...)

    ReplyDelete