Saturday, April 21, 2012

miles in texas

Rebecca and Miles are in Texas for a few weeks, and last weekend I made it to Houston to see them. I took Monday and Tuesday off and drove in early Saturday morning. Unfortunately Miles was sick most of my visit. He was mostly himself though, and we had a blast! He warmed up to me quickly, our video chats probably helped with that, and we had a blast running around the house and park together! 








One of his favorite things to do is play hide and seek, and I was awesome at it! I would say bye bye and he would follow me wherever I went, and looked genuinely surprised every time he found me. When I would look for him, if he wasn't squealing in excitement of me finding him, he would run out of his hiding place because he couldn't wait any longer. One of his favorite ways to hide? Backing into any corner he could find and suck his thumb. He is so cute! Here's a video of my dad playing with Miles. This is probably one of his other favorite things to do in Houston so far.










Other than playing around the house, popping bubbles, discovering Miles HATES grass, and spying on the neighbors (post to come), we went on a few adventures. First up was the aquarium. Let's start with how weird this place is. It's a restaurant, with an aquarium, ferris wheel, train, and white tigers. Don't ask, I'm still as confused as you are. Miles wasn't interested in the awesome fish. Or weird tigers. Here's what he was interested in:



On the way home I entertained Miles with an awesome rendition of The Wheels on the Bus. Unfortunately not included in the video are my additions of a seeing eye dog that barks, a blind man that sh's the dog, a hoarder that says I need more stuff, and a few others I sadly cannot remember. (Not having sung this song in quite some time, I couldn't remember many of the verses so I improvised.)

We also went to the Transco Tower to take some pictures. We were planning on going to a park Rebecca and I used to go to as kids afterwards....but that didn't end up happening. We both forgot our wallets and dad had to come and bring us money so we could pay the parking attendant. Dummies. I know. But we did get some really cute pictures while we waiting around for dad.







After 4 days with this cute kid I had to drive back to Austin for work. Either Miles needs to move to Austin, or I need to marry a rich man that will pay for me to fly to Chicago once a month.

1 comment:

  1. That Wheels on the Bus video is priceless! Miles looked like a conductor!

    ReplyDelete