Wednesday, February 22, 2012

upcoming races

I think I have a problem. I can't stop signing up for races. When there is a medal involved it's even more enticing! I am doing the Cap 10k on March 25th which I am really excited about! Part of my excitement is because I will be running down, and not up, that awful hill from my first half marathon. You know, the one that those idiots put at mile 12. It's also a race that I have heard about ever since moving to Austin 10 years ago. Now that I am a runner I will be joining in on the fun for their 35th anniversary race. Several of my girlfriends will be running in it as well which always makes it more fun. 

I'm also running a new race called the 10/20. It's a 10 mile race with bands every half mile. And the band at the finish line? Everclear! 
Who even knew they were still together and performing?! It's a flat course that will cover part of the 3M half marathon course I ran in a month ago. 

Two weekends later is the Run to the Sun! Last year was the first year of this 95+ mile relay from Mount Bonnell to Enchanted Rock. Without a doubt it was probably one of the most fun, insane 24 hours I have had in a long time. I mean who doesn't want to run in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere while your team yells at you and throws rock hard kolaches at you? I still periodically watch the video Larry made with my pictures and his videos. I am SO excited to do it again!!! Even more exciting is so many people from our school heard how amazing it was and now we have 2 groups from school running. Who knows what it's going to look like. I want us to just get a big school bus to drive around in. I guess we will find out. If you can, please click here and visit my fundraising page and help my team raise as much money as possible. 

I'm already thinking about what races I can run this summer. Maybe this summer will be my chance to do a race outside of Texas. I'm thinking California or Seattle would be really fun and pretty. Who knows, I'm just excited thinking about the possibility!!

No comments:

Post a Comment