Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the color run

This past Sunday I ran in The Color Run with my friends Katie, Sara, and Sheri. I was super pumped about it after having looked at the website and seeing all of the pictures. At every 1k there are people throwing powdered "paint" at you, and then at the finish line you get a color bag and everyone throws their color up for an explosion of colors. 

Well it rained Saturday night which wouldn't normally be a problem, except the course was an off road, grassy course. It turned out that we basically ran through giant water puddles (Sheri landed it one that went up to her knee! I had a hard time breathing I was laughing so hard.), and a huge mud pit. We were slipping and sliding while our shoes filled with water and mud. By the end it felt like I was running with 10 pounds of mud on my shoes. It also didn't help that after a week of 60-70 degree weather it was in the 40's with an insane amount of wind. Well, I don't have a white long sleeved shirt, so I wore a white tank top. It was miserably cold! But it would be worth it, right?

Trying to stay warm.


So the race starts, 30 minutes late, and we were off! Derrick, Katie's boyfriend was nice enough to take pictures of us running.


The first stop was green, then yellow, purple, and pink. There were supposed to be 5 color stops, but because of the rain and insane amount of mud the trucks couldn't get to one of the spots where the color needed to be.

Running to the finish with Sheri.



We didn't want to wait for the giant color explosion with the group because it was cold, so we had our own group explosion!









Katie and I then started having our own dance party. The DJ at the race had some pretty fun music.





Please make note of our shoes. And that was after we knocked as much mud off as we could.



I took a picture of what I looked like after the run and group explosion. (I had to wash my face 3 times, once rubbing the loofah all over, and shampoo my hair twice. I still had pink spots in my hair that didn't wash out.)


After all the complaining we did, it was totally worth it just for the pictures! I will probably do it again next year and make sure to bring Derrick along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment