Saturday, January 1, 2011

resolutions

I'm not the type to typically make a New Years resolution because I know after about a month I'm kind of over it, and don't care anymore. Because of this I don't really make any anymore. However, when I was reading Mile Markers yesterday, it made me think about making my resolutions differently than I had before.

 "...this year I will keep it simple. Three things that I can keep top of mind at all times, and therefore quickly assess the rapid-fire decisions of life and determine whether something fits for me or not. Before midnight tomorrow, I will come up with three things that will be left behind in 2010, and three things that call me forward in 2011. It sounds simple enough.
Think about it for yourself. What gets left, and where are you heading?"

I've decided that I will do what Kritsin is doing this year. Instead of making one, or several daunting resolutions I am going to split my focus a bit. Here goes:

What I am leaving behind:
  1. self-doubt
  2. holding on to old anger, and situations I can't change
  3. obsessing over the small things
Where I am heading:
  1. continuing to challenge myself without giving up on myself, even if that means running a full marathon next time
  2. being the best aunt, friend, teacher I can be
  3. keeping all my doors and windows open...to the unknown, to opportunities...
As I start off this year I will follow suit and ask myself, am I heading where I want to? Or am I falling backwards into old habits or thinking? Let's see how my resolutions work this year.

Happy New Year everyone!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment