Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2nd grade conversation

Today I walked into Heather's room to ask her if she needed help with her sub plans, and I heard her son Ben, and her nephew Jack talking about me when I walked in. I know Ben really well, but not Jack (both are in second grade this year).

Jack: Does Ms. Ewing have kids? (giving me a sideways look)
Ben: No way, she's not even married...She doesn't have anything living. She used to have a cat named Luna, but she got lost. I don't think she has any plants or anything either, but she might. I don't know.

I heard Jack asking him another question about me but at this point I couldn't stop laughing that the conversation turned from me having kids, to my sad life where I don't even have plants living with me. Heather was so embarrassed but I couldn't stop laughing. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Jack wants to date you; thus, the exploratory talk about having kids/pets or anything living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (B) This is hilarious. How does this child know so much about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have told them that you have tons of mold, rats and cockroaches - all living things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben's mom is one of the second grade teachers so I know him really well. They have also taken care of Luna a few times when I was out of town. I told someone else about it today and still think it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for more Ben stories! That kid is the best! And don't worry, Charlie is the only thing I have living in my house...and I have tried LOTS of plants!

    ReplyDelete