Thursday, January 13, 2011

mexico day 3

On the third day we woke up and had the rehearsal in the morning because there was another wedding that night. 9:30 sure seems early in Mexico.


After waking up so early I needed to rest up on the beach with my friends, a book, and of course, another mimosa.


That night was the rehearsal dinner at El Patio. The food was delish!

Some of the bridesmaids plus Lauren.

Hellbound Twin Chris
So you might be wondering why Chris and I are hellbound. About 10 years ago I went on a vacation with the Brown's and ended the trip meeting church people at Fiesta Texas. There were a few nuns there (why not? nuns need to let their...headdresses?...down) and of course we wanted to take pictures with them. The nuns said we could only take the picture if Chris promised to become a minister. Of course we both promised, and they looked at me, and I continued to say I'll make sure it happens. We took the picture, Chris isn't a minister, and I didn't force him into ministry school. And that's why we're hellbound. We lied to nuns, at Fiesta Texas.

Karam is Indian, so Jillian wore this amazing sari her now mother-in-law got for her from India.



Instead of each of us standing up and saying something to Jillian and Karam, we decided to rap it! Each one of us made up our own part and we performed after dinner. It was a hit! Everyone was laughing in all the right spots. Later that night Karam's cousin asked us if we would do it again at the reception. If I get the video of it I will make sure to post it.

Surprisingly this was the first, and only time, we saw sombrero's in Mexico! We took full advantage.





Champagne toast with J.C.'s bottle. I especially like the array of cups I scrounged up in our room.

Remember when I said that room service was also 24 hours a day and free? Well, when we got back to the room I ordered quesadillas and a ceasar salad for Abby. She "forgot" I ordered it and so she decided to order it again with another quesadilla and a cheeseburger. After she ate her food she passed out, and then these extra 4 plates of food were brought. (Yes, we had a total of 6 plates of food for, at this point, 3 people.) It wouldn't have been as ridiculous had those other 4 people stayed and actually eaten the food we ordered for them. Chris took the cheeseburger back to his room and left the rest of the food for Abby in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment