Monday, May 3, 2010

bun run

I finished my first race on the path towards a half marathon! Jillian, Crissy and Jane ran it with me. My official time hasn't been posted, but Jane said we did it in about 39 minutes. It was really fun, and I can't wait for the next one! I'm thinking the next will be early June, for the Pride 5k. It ends with a slip and slide and a special finishers towel. I'm not quite sure if that towel remark is supposed to be an innuendo, but I am excited about the slip and slide. Below is my weekend in pictures.

We saw a superhero convention or something while we drove around Austin


Carson needed to get some rest before the big day.
Our numbers!
Before the race began.
At the water stops they were passing out cinnamon rolls. Of course Crissy got one and didn't realize she had icing all over her face. Unfortunately, you can only see a little bit of what was all over her. There was quite a bit more than that.
Almost done!
We made it!


The Heleniak's tried to make it down but didn't make it. They decorated my door instead. One of the yellow streamers said "Caution, Best Runner Coming!", and another said "Yahoo Ms. Ew! I love you!" It was super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment